News from IFEX
- Nepal: "Journalists flee workplaces following threats, various journalists attacked, two issued death threats as social agitation continues; FNJ denounces indifference of authorities.."
- Côte d'Ivoire - "Newspaper journalist held for five days by Abidjan gendarmes.."
- Thailand: "Newspaper office hit by two small bombs.."
- Sri Lanka: "Internet access and 8,000 telephone lines blocked in Jaffna Peninsula.."
- Colombia: "Newspaper in Barranquilla forbidden to report on case of alleged municipal corruption and paramilitary ties.."
- Peru: "Mayor's assistant threatens to kill journalist and his family for critical reporting on city's administration.."
Finally, there is the arrest of the Uzbekistan human rights activist, which I discuss in more detail in the entry below.